Get to the con, lookin’ fab in your cosplay.
See the dealers halls.
See the rare figurines…
…the walls of manga…
…the plushies and keychains and other cute stuff.
But then you get stuck behind the large group of cosplayers getting their picture taken.
But then people want your picture!
You see a really cute cosplayer (so you run to take a picture with them!)
You make it out alive! (but broke.)
- Your name and your cosplay nickname.
- How long have you been cosplaying? How many cosplays have you done?
- Name your 3 favorite cosplayers.
- Post a picture of the best cosplay you’ve ever seen.
- Post a picture of the funniest cosplay you’ve ever seen.
- Post a picture of the cosplay that hit you right in the nostalgic feels.
- Post a picture of your favorite cosplay you’ve worn.
- Favorite con memory?
- What kind of music do you like to construct your cosplays to?
- What kind of food do you eat at conventions?
- Weirdest possession you have because of cosplay?
- Would you rather be in front of the camera or behind it at cons?
- What’s the most people you’ve fit in a hotel room? (Fire code, what’s that?)
- Your dream cosplay.
- The hardest thing about cosplay? The easiest?
- Do you have a favorite con? (Fanime, ACEN, AX, etc)
- Estimate how much money you’ve put into cosplay. (Feel poor.)
- If you could get married in cosplay, would you?
- Your favorite cosplay photographer?
- Compare your first cosplay to your most current cosplay. How have you improved and what do you need to work on?
LET’S ALL TAKE A SECOND TO LISTEN TO THIS.
Cosplayers, this love song is for you. I was first inspired to write a song about cosplay when I saw breams’ blog a couple weeks ago. Since then, I have been reading these great blogs for more lyric ideas: gammagahato, fyeakkickasscosplay, fuckyearfinalfantasycosplay, daily-pokemon-cosplays, cosplay-society, loverscosplay, cutecosplayers, and thelittlecosplaythings. I hope all you cosplayers enjoy! I’m slowly building an album for gamers and geeks, and I would love to hear some of your ideas for new songs. Or even collaborate! Just message me!
More Than Pretend
When we met, you were so happy
to meet someone who could play Vash the Stampede.
When we met, I was just happy
that somebody was talking to me.
When we’re together, we play hero and heroine.
But just once I want to play boyfriend and girlfriend.
How do I tell you my love is more than pretend?
We’ve been Aerith and Cloud, Ash and Misty;
we’ve gone to Comic-con and costume parties.
You do my make up, and I dye your hair.
You laugh as I brush it with my hands.
And you try on your costumes right in front of me.
Do you think I’m a robot? That I don’t have feelings?
Well, I can compute every last inch of you,
and it fills me with joy, and it fills me with hunger.
A hunger to be real.
So I go online and buy a bow and arrow,
a pair of gold boots, and little wings.
And I go to your room, and I sit you down,
and at the top of my Cupid lungs, I sing:
Do you understand? This isn’t pretend.
And you grab an arrow out of my quiver,
tuck it under your arm and say, “Yes.”
And you give me a hug and a kiss on the neck,
and then I know that we’re more than pretend.
If interested, free downloads of this song can be found here. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @inspiredcrowd and on our new YouTube channel! — K.C.
You get the idea for a cosplay:
You look at all the beautiful people who have gone before you:
You go hunt for references:
Go to Google and find one that’s perfect…!:
…But then it tells you no hot linking:
So you go make you own:
You get distracted with playing the game/watching the show/reading the book:
Then realize you gotta get to work!:
So you make you cosplay and finish it for the con and everyone loves you, hooray!:
Looking for a wig:
You find the wig:
You order the wig:
Waiting for the thing to arrive:
You hear the doorbell ring:
You get it, and take it out of the box:
You show your friends:
You complete your cosplay and look amazing:
The idea is sparked:
You start gathering people for it:
Someone kind of lame asks to join:
The lame person says they can’t do it anymore:
You wait for your friends to show you their WIPs:
You seen your friends WIPs:
You see your friends finished cosplays:
You realize you’re slacking and your friends get mad:
You get your shit together and finish:
Someone has to leave the group:
You find their replacement:
You get to the con:
Someone tells you guys you look great:
Oh Cosplay Bible (as I have seen you dubbed), I want to thank you for saving my life. I was contemplating committing suicide, but then I found you blog. And you probably think it's really silly, but you reminded me of how there are things in life that are fun and now I'm getting back into cosplay and I couldn't be happier. Thank you so much. I quite literally owe you my life.
Awwe! Dude, I’m so glad I could have helped. I promise you, there are more things in life to look forward to (like the way squirrels bound or finding an awesome pair of shoes). I really hope you never have to go back to that dark place. Stay positive (: